Welcome to the Mitchell County School System. Our goal is to provide your child with the best education possible.
Registration Packets can be picked up at Mitchell County Primary School at 50 Griffin Road, Camilla, GA.
For more information, call 229-321-7003.
Listed below are the required documents for enrollment.
Required Registration Documents:
2. Copy of Social Security card
3. Immunization Record (on GA Form 3231)
4. Ear, Eye, and Dental record (on GA Form 3300)
5. Proof of residency (lease, mortgage, bill, or electric/utility bill)
• Proof of residency must contain the name and address of the parent/guardian/legal custodian listed on the registration form. If the name on the proof of residency is different from parent/guardian/legal custodian, an affidavit stating all residents living in the home will be required by the homeowner/landlord.
6. Copy of card for any of the following services (if applicable) Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF, SNAP, Peachcare, SSI, or CAPS.
7. Guardianship/Custody orders if the child does not live with natural parents.
All documents are required before the application can be accepted.
ABOUT GEORGIA'S PRE-K PROGRAM
What is Georgia's Pre-K Program?
Georgia's Pre-K Program is a lottery funded educational program for Georgia's four year olds to prepare children for Kindergarten.
Who is eligible for Georgia's Pre-K Program?
Children four years of age on September 1 of the current school year who are Georgia residents are eligible to attend Georgia's Pre-K Program during this school year. Georgia’s Pre-K Program is voluntary for families and for providers. Because participation in Georgia's Pre-K Program is voluntary for public schools and for private child development centers, there may not be enough spaces in every community for all four year olds who wish to participate. Every effort will be made to contract with eligible centers to create enough spaces for children who want to attend OR to match children with available spaces in other Georgia’s Pre-K Program providers in the area. For additional information about eligibility and enrolling a child in Georgia's Pre-K Program please visit the Enrolling in Pre-K page.
When are the programs offered?
Extended day services beyond the 6.5 hour instructional day (before- and after-school care) may be available. Parents should contact their prekindergarten program provider to learn if these services are offered.
What do I need to enroll a child in Georgia's Pre-K Program?
Proof that a child is age eligible and a Georgia resident is required to register for Pre-K. Acceptable proof-of-age includes birth certificate, passport, hospital record of live birth, green card, pink card or Federal I-94 card. Acceptable proof-of-residency includes a lease, utility bill or letter from a shelter or employer. All children enrolled in Georgia's Pre-K Program must have a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (DHR Form 3300) on file within 90 calendar days of program entry. Form 3300 must be signed by a private practitioner or representative of a local Department of Health. Immunizations (DHR Form 3231) must be up-to-date or affidavits must be on file within 30 calendar days of program entry. Only health departments and physicians licensed in Georgia can obtain blank immunization certificates (Form 3231). Take your child's personal immunization record to a health department or Georgia physician and they can complete the form and give any required vaccines.